Friday, February 17, 2012

{Wine Label} Zios Albarino, Spain


I'm loving this label... I can see it as a poster hanging in my dining room as an accent piece, giving it a real pop of color...It is quite simple, yet its beautiful color palette caught my eye. It reminds me of fireworks or a flower field with a bright sunshine pouring its light onto it.

This label hails from northwestern Spain, near Galicia. Wine Enthusiast gave it a 90 point rating for its 2010 vintage, not too shabby, and an exceptional value at around $14. It has "Intense, yet clean fragrances of tropical white fruit make up the bouquet. On the palate, it is refreshing and crisp with grassy notes. A well-balanced wine with a rounded mouthfeel and lingering finish of slight, pleasant bitterness. This wine makes a perfect aperitif, but also is a great accompaniment to sushi and raw shellfish." (Wine Enthusiast).

I consider myself more of a red wine lover than a white wine one, and I loved it! Very refreshing, especially on a warm summer day, it can be enjoyed as a pre-dinner drink, or with a meal, or both :)

No comments:

Post a Comment